• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8 best places for bird watching in Sharm (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recommend a good bird guide for this area. I am going to sharm in October and would like to to a little research into what I can expect to find over there.

Many thanks in anticpation of your help/advise.

Richard ;)

I know a birder who goes every year to Sharm, I could give you his email he would help you with anything you want to see there. Beware off egyptbirdtours I have heard bad things about them.

Anyone local know anything about the current situation at the sewage works just north of Naama Bay?

I'd been there maybe 10 minutes this morning when I was told to leave for taking photos?
2 other birders in a 4 x 4 were also approached by the same guy in white wellington boots but they seemed to be allowed to stay.
I've seen countless bird photos online taken there before.

First time I've been there and to say I'm unhappy would be the understatement of the year. 6am start, lost taxi driver on the way, arrived after an hour and then kicked off!
Lost my pre-paid return journey and had to pay for another taxi back to the hotel.

Is this normal?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back