• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x40 objective lens hoods/rims (1 Viewer)

frailer5

Just bought a pair of 70s Pentax. No apparent fungus (I did ask up front), cosmetically used, but not heavily. Beautiful viewing. They came without the objective lens hoods/rims/protective rings, for some reason, though I'd missed it in the pics. Seller very reasonable guy, and I've messaged for info on obtainability of replacements.
Could anyone give me information, in the meantime, as to my chances of being able to cannibalise a cheaper/throwaway pair? Did Japan Optical Assn. try and standardise threads, diameters, etc.?
Thanks for any info, and if so, best sources.

Just ordered Vortex case, rubberised hoods with flip-down caps, ocular lens rubberised cap (twin). Am in business! They'll ship to my myUS(dot)com A/C in FL, and I'll have them in a week or so.
Cheers HD. |:d|

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back