• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A bit of a head turner (1 Viewer)

That makes two of us.

I see these guys all the time and I don't ever remember seeing a head turn like this! A great moment to capture!

Any idea what the ring says?

No - I enlarged it on photoshop - but unreadable

But this cormorant( along with a few others) is nesting on top of a 123ft tall disused chimney (old Dublin laundry) along the banks of the Dodder River so I am confident I will get a closer shot in the near future ! As you can spot - the chimney is now also used by a mobile phone network(3).

Last edited:
I enlarged it 4 times what it was and it's impossible to read. It's like white letters/numbers on white band.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back