• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple from Portugal (1 Viewer)

joaoezecasimiro

Hello
we are a couple who live in Lisbon, Portugal. We are already 65 years old and although my wife still works I am retired.
The passion for birds emerged last year after a work trip to Alaska and from then on this became a passion. We are very lucky because we both like birds very much and we always do observations together and try every weekend to go out and see them
Our idea when we came to this forum was to be able to exchange opinions with other participants from around the world and ask for advice.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi joaoezecasimiro and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Good evening, boa tarde, e benvindos,
I would like to add my welcome words to the warm reception the staff has given you, as they always do; it makes you feel you have got the right choice and place to share experiences and observations of nature and wildlife!
It will be nice to hear (read) about the birds and their circumstances which you will find or have found already on your birding trips, and exchange ideas about ornithological things of the kind which you like most.
There is a great variety in bird and birding interests on the BirdForum and a vast quantity of information, questions and answers, with minor volumes about other animals and plants, anyway, an enormous choice of things one could enjoy or take advantage or contribute! I wish you boa sorte for the time to come.
Cumprimentos cordiais, Jan van der Brugge

Hello
we are a couple who live in Lisbon, Portugal. We are already 65 years old and although my wife still works I am retired.
The passion for birds emerged last year after a work trip to Alaska and from then on this became a passion. We are very lucky because we both like birds very much and we always do observations together and try every weekend to go out and see them
Our idea when we came to this forum was to be able to exchange opinions with other participants from around the world and ask for advice.

I have had the pleasure of some recent trips to lisbon. It is an area massively underestimated by birders. There is a massive cross selection of birds and birds for all seasons. Obviously, The Tagus close to 'town' and also the sea watching but as novices (if I read your post correctly) I would find a friend to go with!

In fact why not book a local guide for a couple of days. His experience of the area and tips will be invaluable. I bumped into a study group from Zaragoza university in the Monegros once which has just made me think that there maybe something similar on offer in Lisbon or maybe a nightschool. You could see if they take volunteers at the bird watching centre on the Tagus.

All I'm saying is birds can be daunting without help - otherwise lots of them remain 'little brown jobs'. That said seeing and identifying new birds will bring you great pleasure...

Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back