• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A daily visitor to my yard... (1 Viewer)

Donna, I'm really glad to hear you missed the one fox you did see! ;) We've had many close calls with them too. It's becoming a yearly tradition though that they show up in the yard. My husband thinks a few of these may be the pups he saw running around at work last summer. We'll never really know, I guess. I sure do enjoy having them around... they can be sooo entertaining!
And Dylan, you should see them in the summer... they almost look bald compared to this time of year! If you could touch them, they'd feel skinny... it's all fur!

Tammie, I love your little fox. You have some really nice pictures here. The second is my favorite. You are very lucky to see these wonderful little creatures so close. This little guy does look healthy. Thanks for sharing these.

Tammie, I do not think that treating a wild animal is messing about with nature, I think it is civilised.
If you think about it , feeding our wild birds and animals could be considered 'messing about with nature'.
I got permission to have a gun so that I could end the lives of suffering creatures.......rabbits with miximatosis, foxes with mange or any other creature that was byond saving. I consider that one's duty if you love wildlife.

red fox

I love the tongue shot, just licking his chops in anticipation of a tasty meal. Does he pounce on varmints under the snow as I have seen coyotes do so many times.
Can safely say I will never see such a sight in my backyard here in the big city of Houston.
What a treat to have a gorgeous critter visit you.
Wanda

Well, Paula, I'm just hoping it won't come to that point again this season. It's only happened once in the few years that foxes have been coming here and there's no sign of the disease now so hopefully, nature won't push my hand on this.
Wandalf, I was able to get more facial pictures of him yesterday and I'll be putting them in my website later today. He's quite cooperative with the camera! And yes, foxes do pounce on critters under the snow. They are known to have the best hearing and scent capabilities around. Great hunters!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back