• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few Swarovski EL questions (1 Viewer)

griff2

United States
Hello,

I am trying to settle up my recent fathers estate. He had purchased a set of Swarovski bino's a few years back for a hunting trip out west. He used them on that and a few other trips after. I am struggling to find answers to a few questions. Can you identify how old they are by the serial number? What is a lightly used set worth now?swaro box.jpg

These are top of the line optical instruments. THE top at the time of manufacture and I myself just bought my first pair of the same model a couple of months ago after lusting after them. I think you should keep them and maybe try to discover a new hobby!

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

BTW, I use the Swaro EL 8/32 and I love them to death.

Well, I’m hoping to keep them long term. Trying to establish a value amongst siblings isn’t quite clear as one may think.
I gotcha. I know how that can be. I’m no expert but these retail new for $2,199. Given your age and light use I’d say a fair market value would be somewhere between $1,500-$1,800.

Someone else can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but these are roughly the asking prices ive seen on ebay and elsewhere.

Well, I’m hoping to keep them long term. Trying to establish a value amongst siblings isn’t quite clear as one may think.
After posting, waiting and selling fees you'll probably net $1200 - $1300.
Your time involved in selling should be considered in an estate evaluation. If you keep it I'd value it on the low end...$1200 which is probably what it sold for in 2010.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back