• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

A little thought about quality control (1 Viewer)

andrea86bert

A little thought regarding Swarovski quality control; some months ago, i have tried another BTX 85 for a brief comparison with my BTX 85. I have noticed that the other BTX showed a drop in sharpness starting from 30-40 % of the right half of the FOV. My BTX is perfect in the entire FOV.
The owner of the BTX have shipped the spotting scope to Swarovski, describing the situation clearly, but the BTX have returned with the same problem. In fact, for Swarovski technicians, the performance of the spotting scope was normal.
Remember to try in depth every optical instruments before buying it, because what is "normal" for the manufacturer, could not be normal for you.

jring

Hi,

you are not alone - I have also looked through an ATX 95 which should never have left the factory - as well as an awful APO Televid 82 in a shop, a not so great Diascope and some borderline cases of Kowa 88X.

You might try to make some star test images at maximum magnification and send those - maybe with the same images through your well performing scope for comparison. This shows clearly that something is amiss and allows to identify the aberrations present.

Joachim

Users who are viewing this thread