• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

A Meopta Meostar 8x32 B1.1 with a Serial number starting with 160xxx ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
After my short remarks on the For Sale Section here on a particular binocular being sold, now has us wondering about our B1.1 8x32 Meostar. First off our history with Meopta binoculars. We owned the 6.5x32 Meopro, owned two versions of the Cabelas Meostar HD 8x32 version, handled/ looked thru the B1 8x32 Meostar briefly, Purchased the B1 Plus 8x32 Meostar while owning the Meostar B1.1 8x32 that we still own. We sent the B1 plus Meostar back after one day because we could not see any significant Optical difference with the B1 Plus over our B1.1 that we still have and we chalked that up to having a Cherry Specimen in the B1.1 Having said all this, my intent with this topic is not to persuade anyone one way or another on which of the Meostar’s in the 8x32 versions is the better to buy.
My question is how many forum members here have a B1.1 8x32 starting with the first two digits being 16. I have followed the x32 Meostar’s for years here on this forum and if my memory serves me the B1.1 version serial number should not be starting with 16, ours has a first three digit of 160. If I am wrong , someone can correct me. We purchased ours in 2021 New from SportOptics, label on box indicate B1.1, the Binocular has the update diopter and the transferable lifetime warranty registration officially indicating it’s Authenticity. A member here who has probably the most experience directly interacting with Meopta has suggested my particular binocular was probably a late B1 that was later upgraded to the B1.1 I am now wondering if Meopta also upgraded the glass to HD as the same glass they advertised they did to the Cabelas version. I just assumed our pair was a Cherry specimen and that’s the reason I thought the B1 Plus we had for a day was a tad less sharp. Maybe it was not just our eyes, but the way Meopta sources it’s materials and what they have on hand to finish the build of a particular order. Our Meostar B1.1 with serial number starting with 16 …… any thoughts ?

Attachments

• 3C2AC428-66D9-495E-8329-40FF1DDF68B5.jpeg
    3C2AC428-66D9-495E-8329-40FF1DDF68B5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

dries1

Well I am not really sure of when the B1.1 was introduced, Lee likely knows this, but I have a B1 8X42 from 2018 so the B1.1 must have been produced later than 2018. That is all I can offer on this.

bigjim

United States
My Cabelas Euro HD 8x32 (supposedly the equivalent of Meostar B1.1) has a serial number start with 17. I purchased it brand new in Nov 2020.

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I am not near my Meostar B1.1 as it is across country but will check on the serial number in a month when I return. But I purchased mine during the height of COVID,...I suppose around May of 2019. Will check on the serial number but I have a 'good one'.... jim

gcole

United States
My Cabelas Euro HD 8x32 (supposedly the equivalent of Meostar B1.1) has a serial number start with 17. I purchased it brand new in Nov 2020.
In 2021 we also had a Cabelas Euro HD 8x32 that had the B1.1 diopter up grade for a short while. It also had a serial number starting with the number 17. We returned it due to some focusing issues.

gcole

United States
I am not near my Meostar B1.1 as it is across country but will check on the serial number in a month when I return. But I purchased mine during the height of COVID,...I suppose around May of 2019. Will check on the serial number but I have a 'good one'.... jim
Thanks. We have a good one also. Our New purchase of our Meostar B1.1 8x32 in 2021 having the starting serial number of 16 is a really good specimen. We want to find a 10x32 Meostar to replace it but are hesitant to sell ours because we are afraid of not getting one as good as the 8x we currently have.

gcole

United States
Thanks. We have a good one also. Our New purchase of our Meostar B1.1 8x32 in 2021 having the starting serial number of 16 is a really good specimen. We want to find a 10x32 Meostar to replace it but are hesitant to sell ours because we are afraid of not getting one as good as the 8x we currently have.
Awhile back when we tried to sell it here, we could not even get $500 for it. I am kind of glad it did not sell now, especially considering that it still looks/ functions as new.

Attachments

• F3BDE457-7631-495B-865E-02FFEF426726.jpeg
    F3BDE457-7631-495B-865E-02FFEF426726.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
It is a crap-shoot getting a Meostar that has no issues with the focus wheel being stiff, chunky/ clunky etc... Not sure what to call it. But I went thru a few which I sent back before I found a good pair. That is why I am so hesitant about buying any used B1.1 I find here or on Ebay, since the odds are the focus wheel isn't smooth. Not sure if they fixed that issue with the B1.1 Plus or not. I haven't tried any, jim

Rg548

Retired Somewhere
United Kingdom
It is a crap-shoot getting a Meostar that has no issues with the focus wheel being stiff, chunky/ clunky etc... Not sure what to call it. But I went thru a few which I sent back before I found a good pair. That is why I am so hesitant about buying any used B1.1 I find here or on Ebay, since the odds are the focus wheel isn't smooth. Not sure if they fixed that issue with the B1.1 Plus or not. I haven't tried any, jim
My Meostar 10x42 HD's focusser is possibly the best I have experienced on ANY binocular. Better than my CL's focusser.

Users who are viewing this thread