• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A small rant about the NSRA, UK. (1 Viewer)

Peregrine Took

United Kingdom
I recently ordered a Hawke Nature Trek scope from the online NSRA Shop (National Smallbore Rifle Association) here in the UK and paid in full. Not a place I'd normally buy optical equipment from, but the price was unmatched.

The next day the NSRA informed me by email that the scope wasn't actually in stock and that I could either wait for new stock or be given a refund. I opted for a refund. Thus far, no problem - and I assumed, because they had cancelled the order, that they would issue the refund as a priority. How wrong I was.

It took the NSRA 16 days to respond and advise that the refund has been actioned. It's not so much the delay that bothered me, but that during those 16 days the NSRA did not have the courtesy to respond to any of my email or telephone messages (they NEVER actually answer the phone in person). Finally, yesterday, I left a phone message to say that if there was any further delay, or if they continued to ignore me, I would take legal action to recover the funds and that they would be liable for my legal fees.

Hey presto... I received a refund notification this morning. No other message, no individual assigned to the email message, no acknowledgement of the delay, no apology.

I think other members should be aware of the NSRA's standards, or lack of.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back