• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A trio from Marrakech, Morocco for ID please (1 Viewer)

steve covey

Jack of all Orders - Master of None
A friend has recently been on a short trip to Morocco, staying at Marakech. He was mostly hoping to see and photograph local insects so didn't really have the right lens for getting close ups of birds. Hence the accompanying shots are quite enlarged and a little grainy as a result. The bird of prey is obviously a Kestrel; but is is Common or Lesser? Could the Shrike be Southern Grey or is it Great Grey. The warbler I have no real idea about and take a wild stab at Tristram's....
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• UKN Raptor 141202.DA.MA.JPG
    UKN Raptor 141202.DA.MA.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 115
  • UKN Shrike 141204.TD.MA.JPG
    UKN Shrike 141204.TD.MA.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 86
  • UKN Warbler 141204.TD.MA.JPG
    UKN Warbler 141204.TD.MA.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 123
Kestrel is Common IMO because of the moustachial stripe. The shrike should be Southern Grey because of the contrast between the white throat and dark grey hood, as well as grey belly.

Many thanks to you all for your prompt replies everyone. The Moussiers Redstart had me completely thrown |:$|
I'll pass your ID's along to my friend.
Thank you,
Steve.

See if you can persuade him to add that Moussier's pic to the Birdforum Gallery, there's only one pic yet of a female Moussier's, and it's not as good as this one :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back