• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

a6600 + Canon 100-400ii? (1 Viewer)

Schroed

I'm considering moving from my Canon 7D to mirrorless. I shoot mainly with the Canon 100-400II and Canon 24-105II. I think I want to stay with a crop sensor and would like to make best use of my Canon lenses, at least for a while. A couple of questions:

1. How would the a6600 be with the Canon 100-400ii for BIF? Do I lose much with the adapter (e.g., autofocus performance)?

2. Is the a6600 my best alternative in the Sony APS-C world? How does it compare to the Canon 7DII for birds?

Thanks!

Bill Atwood

Supporter
United States
From research into Sony before I bought my kit, the a6600 (and a6400) are both great for BIF. However for non-Sony lenses, while they work, their AF is not especially great in comparison to a Sony lens.

You probably could get better info over at Fred Miranda.

Gronk08

If you wish to stick with Canon maybe consider the Canon RP it's a full frame mirror less job so your 400 would only get you 400mm. The Sony is a great camera and I would suggest getting the 200-600 Sony lens that way extra reach plus the bonus of a native lens.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread