• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABC Birds (2 Viewers)

Downy Woodpecker

full

The rules of the game don't specify it has to be a good photo, so here's Long-tailed Jaeger, aka Long-tailed Skua. It was taken with the sun pretty much directly behind the bird, hence the colours being off. Fortunately others saw the bird and got rather better images, allowing it to be identified properly.

This is my "one that got away" - I was the first person to see it, but didn't know what it was and didn't see any clinching ID features, so the next person along ended up being the finder.
IMG_6684a Long-tailed Skua 2 Aug 2014 Church Norton.jpg

LOL I've posted a worse picture than that one .... not giving you the prize for that category:D

LOL Julian... you know I had a SM.... I didn't have one beginning with K, so that lorikeet was picked from my list as it had a K in it.... and not only that but two of them!!!

By the time I got to actually post it I'd forgotten I should be on K.

However, order is neatly rescued by you!

Ooops a daisy!

The only thing I can do with Q is birds photographed in Queensland. So I'll wait a while to see if anyone can do better. There's a few Quails available still I reckon.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back