• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABC Birds (1 Viewer)

LOL I thought that one had long gone!!!

Australian Swamphen

BF Australian Swamphen 2 ABC thread.jpg

Find the list of already played birds on the first page.

Hooded Antpitta.
A highlight from Colombia (forgive the shocking blurry picture it was in the dark undergrowth in the forest!) View attachment 1413889
Well done MJH... we've only got a couple of pictures of this one in the Gallery, so obviously a very hard to spot species.. Can I persuade you to add this one as well?

Seems I can't do anything with I, unless it's included in the word. So I'll wait a bit to see if anyone can do better.

Last edited:
Well done MJH... we've only got a couple of pictures of this one in the Gallery, so obviously a very hard to spot species.. Can I persuade you to add this one as well?

Seems I can't do anything with I, unless it's included in the word. So I'll wait a bit to see if anyone can do better.
I'd be embarrassed to add it to the Gallery @delia todd ! Especially having looked at the excellent pictures of this species already there :oops:

Aaaaw!!! Shame you feel that lad. You could always enter it on a Saturday as a Saturday Fun shot and write a funny story about the circumstances :D

You should see some of mine in that theme LOL

It's just I think we only have about 3 images for that one, so your picture would be very useful for the date and location. But entirely your choice.

OK I'll go with a species with and I in it

Bar-taIled GodwIt (I think this was the first picture I've taken of this species back in 2005 and digiscoped!)

18346Bar_Tailed_Godwit1bf ABC thread.jpg

J is one of the letters we struggle with. We've had Mallard for lots of different letters, but I don't think it's been a J yet. So unless anyone has a Pomarine Jaeger they'd like to share, here are some Mallards from the lakes at the JCB corporate headquarters in Rocester.

SG1L5661a Mallard 12 Aug 2012 JCB Rocester.jpg

errr.... no, we should only use a species once lad. Any duplicates are usually accidental.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back