• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABC Birds (1 Viewer)

Which pelican is that KC.... a couple have already been taken?

I checked but all I saw was Snowy Pelican. It’s tough for my eyes to read that list 😅😁😁😛😛☺️

Attachments

• 1636227871797.png
    1636227871797.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
LOL there's no such bird as a Snowy Pelican I don't think KC.

I do CTRL+F and put the name in and it highlights the birds. I can't see another way of doing the played species, a veritcal list wouldn't work. The two pelicans that have gone are Australian and Brown. American White is still available.

.... which brings us back to Q. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has any Quetzals before resorting to my Queensland birds.

Oh no! What is it then?

I've just double-checked my thread and no-one said anything there. It was identified for my by the people we were staying with in Fleurieu.

Oh no! What is it then?

I've just double-checked my thread and no-one said anything there. It was identified for my by the people we were staying with in Fleurieu.
@delia todd this is a Striated Thornbill. It's a bit soggy which may have confused people but you can see the fine striations on its crown and cheeks. Brown Thornbill would have the 'scalloped' edges running across the crown rather than along it.

Oh! Right. Now that's interesting, as I didn't have that one recorded at all for my trip.

I'll need to check whether striated is known on their land (the people there are very experienced birdwatchers) - the whole place developed for wildlife, in particular birds.

Unfortunately Peter is away at the moment and I don't have John and Dora's email address.

But at least the game can continue as I got the "thornbill" bit right LOL

Nah.... I'll go with the Striated one.

I'll now wait until Peter returns so he can check with John and Dora as to whether they have both recorded on their property. It's possible I got confused, or only showed them my picture on the small camera screen. Maybe Brown is the default Thornbill there. So many possibilities.

Of course I'm hoping I saw both and will have to study all the pictures from that stay to see if I got a Brown as well. Then I'll have an extra Lifer in an armchair tick. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back