• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABC Birds (2 Viewers)

LOL you had me going there Alex!!

Is that the one from North Island, or South Island? They're different species

Ah sorry Alex. I've just looked at the Opus articles and see the North island one is extinct.

So South Island Takahe it is.

OK, I've missed some letters (again!) where I have something to add, so I'll use my turn to pass on X. Hope someone's got a Y or a Z - I can join in again on A.

I can't do X (and it's not my turn anyway LOL Y, I can only do if someone has an X, but even then it would be a Y in a word (honeyeater LOL).

Can't do anything with Z - soooo, if someone plays an X, Y or Z, you will have to look smart to play before me Alex!!!!;)

or shall I be kind and wait for you to play😇

Last edited:
Anyone been to Yucatan? Or got a photo of a gull sat on a yacht? Although we've used a lot of gull species already, which is the problem I have with my remaining Zurich photos. Don't think I have anything, no matter how much lateral thinking I try.

The only way to use the Z that I have is by using the Spanish name of the thrushes: "Zorzal". I have a redwind available that I could use.

Is using the name in Spanish far from the norms? :unsure:

The only way to use the Z that I have is by using the Spanish name of the thrushes: "Zorzal". I have a redwind available that I could use.

Is using the name in Spanish far from the norms? :unsure:
There isn't a rule written in the first post in the thread, so personally I don't see why not. I was allowed a photo of a random species that happened to have been taken in Zurich, so yours won't even be the most desperate attempt at a Z.

I was going to suggest we take a vote on it. If we do allow this, my thoughts are that it should be only exceptional circumstances.... i.e. for X or Z if no-one can play a normal go.

Of course the species shouldn't have been previously played in the normal run of the game.

Any other thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back