• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adding images (1 Viewer)

tony.saw

I've tried to add images to OPUS recently, but cannot find Upload File etc. I have put 3 images in the gallery (on Asian birds) that could be added, but I have a few more which I could add - some are better than others! Is there any other way of adding missing images?

Hi Tony

The Upload File option is at the bottom of the screen on the RHS see attached.

It is easiest if you save a copy of your picture on your desk top and upload from there. When you click on Upload File, you go to another screen, where you browse for your image.. Put a few details in on that screen, as to what / where / when etc. (this is what I call the Filing Cabinet)

Then on the actual article paste this coding in:

[[File:FILENAME.JPG|thumb|550px|right|MALE/FEMALE/SUBSPECIES ETC<br />Photo &copy; by {{user|NAME+NAME|NAME}}<br />LOCATION & DATE]]

The 550px is used for the first image on the page, if it's an additional image, then change it to 350px.

The rest should be self-explanatory, but get back to me if you need help

BF Upload File to Opus.jpg

Hmmm.... at the very top do you have an option to Edit. And are there Edit buttons beside each heading on an article?

Yes, Tony you're right. Strangely a few people have been unable to edit Opus and we've never got to the bottom of why. Ollie needs to do them manually.

I'd guessed this was the reason before you wrote, so I've already advised him that you likely need fixing too. Guessing he's on holiday at the mo so will deal with it on his return.

It's frustrating, but something to do with moving to the new platform.

Oh well, I'll probably put a few more of the "missing images" either in the gallery or in the ID section
Thanks
Tony

Thanks Tony. Sorry for this hiccup.

I'll try and keep an eye out for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back