• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aegithina tiphia trudiae Prescott, 1969 (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

Aegithina tiphia trudiae Prescott, 1969 OD here
To emphasise this interesting example of insular isolation, I propose to designate the Muara birds as a seperate race, A. t. trudiae; named after my youngest daughter, a faithful co-worker in current New Jersey field work.

The Key to Scientific Names
Trudi Prescott (fl. 1970) US fieldworker and youngest daughter of collector Kenneth W. Prescott (syn. Aegithina tiphia aequanimis).

Here we can read:
He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Emma-Stina Prescott, and two daughters: Kristina Bassett with husband Peter and their three children, Daniel Fanaberia with wife Erin, Christopher Fanaberia, and Lisen Bassett - of Canada and USA; and Dr. Gertrude Prescott and her three children, Elise, Emma and Erik Nuding - of London, England.

No idea when Kenneth Wade Prescott (1920-2013) daughter was born but she may still alive (as she was in 2013). Her name might be Dr Gertrude Prescott Nuding and if she was Curator of the Iconographic Collections in the Royal Institution of Great Britain here. She may have published Irish Art on the Market here. But it is also possible that she is someone completly different and my path is going into the wrong direction. But I think it's correct as Erik Nuding was mentioned in the obituary of her father. A couple of other publications of her to find here.

Fame and Photography: Portrait Publications in Great Britain, 1856-1900 (University of Texas: PhD Thesis, 1985) may her Ph. D. thesis. In this case Gertrude Mae Prescott: I think confirmed by here.

Last edited:
Fame and Photography: Portrait Publications in Great Britain, 1856-1900 (University of Texas: PhD Thesis, 1985) may her Ph. D. thesis. In this case Gertrude Mae Prescott: I think confirmed by here.

The front matters can be seen at: FAME AND PHOTOGRAPHY: PORTRAIT PUBLICATIONS IN GREAT BRITAIN, 1856-1900 (ART HISTORY, PRINTS, SOCIAL, VICTORIAN ENGLAND) - ProQuest
This is a thesis from 1985, authored by Gertrude Mae Prescott, and dedicated to Kenneth and Emma-Stina Prescott. I think you can regard it as definitely confirmed.

She appears now to be doing craftwork in Ireland --
Note that she calls herself "Trudy", with a final y.

To me the dedication sounds rather tongue-in-cheek, from an affectionate father to his daughter, who was most likely still a young girl in 1969, and who had enjoyed accompanying him in the field. I'm not at all sure it is justified to describe her "seriously" as a "US fieldworker"...

Last edited:
To me the dedication sounds rather tongue-in-cheek, from an affectionate father to his daughter, who was most likely still a young girl in 1969, and who had enjoyed accompanying him in the field. I'm not at all sure it is justified to describe her "seriously" as a "US fieldworker"...
Dr Gertrude Mae Prescott (born 1955 in MI) married a Timothy Norman Nuding in London in 1987

So she was 14 in 1969.

Found this surprising! But no doubt.

She is currently a serving Metropolitan Police Officer, working in Westminster Borough as an Emergency Response officer (since October 2009) and previously was a Special Constable in Kensington and Chelsea Borough (January 2007-September 2009).

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back