• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Agra, India (1 Viewer)

rylirk

United Kingdom
Think I may have posted this one aeons ago, but not in the right context. Looking for an ID on the brown bird on the left of the first pic, with RN Parakeets for scale. Zoomed in on the second pic. From adjacent to the Taj Mahal in April 2011. If not for the fact it appears roughly the same size as the parakeets, I'd be thinking black kite.... I believe I had this one as Rufous Treepie at the time, but it's been listed as 'Unidentified' for a while now.

Attachments

• DSCF1233 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF1233 - Copy.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1233 - Copy (2).jpg
    DSCF1233 - Copy (2).jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 41

THE_FERN

Looks like another parakeet to me. Size +/- identical, I think I can see a rounded break which is at least half pinkish. I suspect the brownish is just the light. Can't be sure, though, given image quality

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Smaller and shorter-tailed than the parakeet, and pigeon-shaped; I'm thinking either Laughing or Spotted Dove as it looks to have a darker area on the neck. Don't think it'll be identifiable to a single species though.

dwatsonbirder

Smaller and shorter-tailed than the parakeet, and pigeon-shaped; I'm thinking either Laughing or Spotted Dove as it looks to have a darker area on the neck. Don't think it'll be identifiable to a single species though.
Agree, not identifiable but looks a bit like a dove spp.

Users who are viewing this thread