• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alaudidae (1 Viewer)

A new genus is clearly, obviously , mandatory needed for Eremopterix hova
From a quick glance at the figures, E. australis would need then a new genus too.

I don't think anything is mandatory in this case, even though it may be merited for whatever reasons.
For some reason it kinda bugs me, that often you tend to emphasize your personal preferences with strong terminology like the above, when this is only a matter of preference and no clear rules exist.
I always have to check whether current classification is truly erroneous or if it's just that it doesn't sit right with you. I would prefer it, if you could use more appropriate terms, like 'in my view', or 'I would prefer, if'. Would that be alright?

Cheers
Maffong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back