• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alternative case for Swaro 8x25 CL? (1 Viewer)

gandytron

I live my 8x25 CL compacts. However whilst the case is well made it is very hard to get the binoculars out of their case when it is attached to my waist belt, because the case provides such a snug fit.

Is there an good alternative case that anybody can recommend?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Have you browsed the "Review of the 8x25 Victory Pocket" on the Zeiss forum? There are many posts re accessorizing the Pocket including numerous options for carrying cases. Since the VP is slightly larger than the CL (I own and regularly use both) generally any recommended case which fits the Zeiss will fit the CL as well with a bit more room to spare depending on how you accessorize your CL. You might start with post 301 on page 13 where mbb nicely summarizes various recommended accessories, including cases.

Even when carrying pocket binos in a case, I prefer to carry them with the IP distance correctly adjusted and for that purpose recommend the Vortex case for 28 mm models which is a very nice fit for my CL including objective covers, rainguard and compact Eagle Optics strap.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Dave,

Have you browsed the "Review of the 8x25 Victory Pocket" on the Zeiss forum? There are many posts re accessorizing the Pocket including numerous options for carrying cases. Since the VP is slightly larger than the CL (I own and regularly use both) generally any recommended case which fits the Zeiss will fit the CL as well with a bit more room to spare depending on how you accessorize your CL. You might start with post 301 on page 13 where mbb nicely summarizes various recommended accessories, including cases.

Even when carrying pocket binos in a case, I prefer to carry them with the IP distance correctly adjusted and for that purpose recommend the Vortex case for 28 mm models which is a very nice fit for my CL including objective covers, rainguard and compact Eagle Optics strap.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that is very useful guidance.

I am very busy these days and don't get much time on BF, so your post is really helpful and much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back