• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Amazed at the Customer Care from Vortex (1 Viewer)

Barbican1987

I bought a pair of second hand Vortex Spitfire 8.5x32 Vortex but they didn't have a case or strap. I contacted Vortex to ask where I could get a new case etc expecting to pay for them but today I received a parcel completely out of the blue from Vortex containing a new case and straps for the case as well straps for the the binos. Looking at the postage label it looks a though it came directly from the USA!! The postage cost alone is substantial so I was suitably impressed. Well done Vortex.. That is the sort of service which develops loyalty. If only that had arrived a few days ago I might have ordered a new pair of Vortex binos but I bought Viking ED FF 8x42 pair as they were a good price end of stock. I hasten to add I live in the UK.

giosblue

I have used Vortex customer support on one occasion.
I lost the end caps when I was using the bins with a tripod adapter.
Emailed Vortex and the they sent me four, foc all the way from the the USA.

Silent Observer

United Kingdom
NewproUK (Vortex official distributor for UK) have bent over backwards in the past to make things right for me... I have only good things to say about them.

Last edited:

yarrellii

Supporter
In sharp contrast to Zeiss, who couldn't be bothered to reply to my email regarding eyecups.
Maybe they had a bad day, I don't know.
My personal account: I have contacted Zeiss customer service several times (I write to them directly) and always got a reply. I've requested information on second hand binoculars I was planning on buying, I've returned brand new binoculars with a fault (I once bought a pair of Conquest HD and there was a tiny hair in one of the objectives), I've sent binoculars in for inspection, requested parts, etc. I have to say that in my case the response has always been beyond reproach, impeccable. Actually, I once had a very similar case to the OP: I misplaced the tethered objective covers of a Victory FL and contacted them. They sent me a pair all the way from Germany free of charge in a record time (the same I've had with Swarovski, Steiner or Meopta).

Last edited:

Rob from Texas

I've had a MIJ Vortex Viper 10x42 for about 14 years.
Bought them new.
Recently, thanks to one of the members here, I was able to upgrade to a Tract Toric 10x42.

Very timely, because the Vipers were overdue for a rest. I sensed the barrels were a bit out of alignment and the focuser was getting rough and inconsistent. Since I was busy playing with the new Tract, I was willing to send the Vipers in. I mailed them to the warranty factory on June 10th.
They were returned June 29th.
It was almost like a new pair....except of course these are MIJ,...so it really was my pair. Here is the note included:

"Description:

Vortex 10x42 Viper HD - Replaced eyecup assemblies. Replaced chassis. Replaced focus wheel. Secured Oculars. Performed focal and alignment
integrity tests and adjustments to restore optimal function and performance. Sealed and purged with Ar. gas. Conducted inspection of body, lenses,
seals and mechanisms for irregularities affecting performance. Cleaned body and lenses. Thank you for choosing Vortex.
No charge. Scott H. "

They are now hitting on all cylinders again and are a pleasure to use. If it wasn't for the ever-so-slightly brighter view from the Tracts,
the Viper would be my go-to pair.

Well done Vortex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread