• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazing Meopta service! (3 Viewers)

eitanaltman

Some of you may have seen my thread a while back about how useless the Cabela's warranty is, since they won't honor it and don't even do repairs.

As described in that thread, I have a pair of Euro HD 8x32 (i.e. Meostar) that had a problem with the ocular getting torqued out of alignment. I went back and forth with Cabela's as they gave me a complete cold shoulder.

I eventually gave up on Cabela's, so as a last hail mary before contacting a 3rd party repair shop, I reached out to Meopta USA's service and told them how Cabela's left me hanging, and offering to PAY for the repairs (I preferred Meopta doing it, just in case).

Even though I had read online that Meopta will not service Cabela's products, the service rep told me that they could service them but would have to send them to the Czech Republic since they weren't purchased through Meopta USA. I was told the round trip could take up to 10 weeks, and they would reach to me about costs once the binocular was received and inspected in the Czech factory.

Well, around 10 weeks later (about a week ago), I received a box which I assumed was something else. Then I noticed the "Meopta" branded sticker on the box.

Lo and behold, the Euro HD were returned to me, fully repaired, for ZERO cost. They had a nice all-expense-paid trans-Atlantic vacation, and the only cost to me was shipping them to the Meopta USA service center for them to send it on to the Czech factory.

Service like this makes me even more of a fan of a brand! Meopta and Minox (who repaired my old BD 8x32 BR free of charge despite it being my fault!) have really been exceptional in this respect, bravo Meopta!

Love to hear that. My experience dealing with Meopta reps has been nothing but excellent, and it's nice to hear that they went above and beyond to keep a customer happy.

I have said over and over and over again: Meopta is dramatically underpriced for the performance and now it looks like I can brag on their service department too.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back