• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amphibians for ID - Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Stuart Ling

Any help with these would be most appreciated. The first two were taken at Manuel Antonio and i'll hazard a guess at glass frog sp and Masked Tree Frog and the third was at Monteverde and i believe may be a litter frog sp. I really wish i'd bought the book now!

thanks in advance

Stuart

Attachments

• P1160159.jpg
    P1160159.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 103
  • P1160173.jpg
    P1160173.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 84
  • P1160546.jpg
    P1160546.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 85
I changed my mind - the last frog is a Craugastor polyptychus or rain frog.

The second frog is indeed a masked treefrog (Smilisca phaeota). I'm still not sure about the first one.

Thanks for your input - I can't seem to make my mind up about the id of the glass frog and toad. I was fairly confident No 3 was Bransford's but now I'm not so sure.

Stuart

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back