• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An Android APP that works with mic? (2 Viewers)

Dougie Preston

I live for this S**T
I'm looking for an android app that I can use with a shotgun mic, to record bird calls to my phone (HTC).

Sony decided to stop supporting the Sonic stage software for my MD recorder, and now I'm looking to simplify my set up by recording to my phone instead! (less stuff to carry in the field!)

Any one know?

Cheers for the reply Mono. I've given this a try, but unfortunately it looks like it's my phone that's the problem! Don't think the HTC Desire accepts a plugin mic! Do any smart phones?

Cheers for the reply Mono. I've given this a try, but unfortunately it looks like it's my phone that's the problem! Don't think the HTC Desire accepts a plugin mic! Do any smart phones?

I suspect you need to "adapt" a headset that comes with the phone which have ear buds and a mic for hands free operation.

Pete

Most phones, including yours, use a 3 band mini jack connector that incorporates both line out and mic in. You need an adapter that splits those functions into separate connectors.

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartphone-Adapter-With-Spilt-Speaker/dp/B0096XNFSQ splits into two mini jacks.

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/electronics/dp/B007R5WRHU splits into a mini jack line out and an XLR mic in.

Which you want depends on your mic, although neither will work if you mic needs phantom power.

That's the adapter sorted thanks!....... Looking forward to experimenting. I'll let you know how it goes, as hopefully my favorite 'crossbills' will still be passing through Shetland! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back