• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An ode to the 7x35 by Allbinos (1 Viewer)

yarrellii

Supporter
Allbinos just released a new article about the fall into oblivion of 7x35 binoculars (it's actually split into 10 different small posts, so there's a lot to enjoy).

It is a most enjoyable ode to a format that has so much to offer yet seems mostly forgotten by a greater segment of the market.

Personally, being a big fan of 7x but also of small and light devices with a nice field of view, I feel it's just such a pity 7x35 are not valued by bigger audiences. Yes, 7x50 and 7x42 can be just mind-blowing, but after handling some of the best (FL, UVHD) I don't see them as my main everyday binocular (the way I see a 8x32), but having used the Retrovid 7x35, with it's 8x32 size and weight (and a bigger exit pupil and objective size), I truly believe a 21st century 7x35 could be a true gem.

Well, at least we can enjoy Allbinos texts and pictures :)

I agree with you that a 21st century 7x,35 could be quite a versatile instrument.

See my post of yesterday over on the Swift section:

My as-new, thirty-year-old 7x,35 825 Audubon is amazingly bright and sharp. I can't understand why 8x,30 remains so popular when there are so many really good 7x,35s around for so little compared to even mid-range new binos.

Bob M.

You knows it! Lovely wide and immersive views, just a little weighty, so I normally pack the 8x30E2 if I need to walk about a lot. 60yrs old or so, probably be as good in another 60.

peter

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back