• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An unknown bird in Silesian city Gliwice in Poland (1 Viewer)

Linnets are brown or grey.
Thank you but I do know what a Linnet looks like ;). It wasn’t on your very extensive (varied!) list which is why I mentioned it, your bird (or memory of it) doesn’t fit any wild European bird that I, nor anyone else on this thread, has been able to think of and that’s a fair amount of pooled experience! I think you will probably have to let this one go, maybe it was an exotic escape but as for a figurine made out of styrofoam, often toys and figurines don’t depict the plumage of actual birds. The fact that you haven’t been able to match the memory of the bird with any image in a guide book or online might suggest some gaps in the memory.

Thank you but I do know what a Linnet looks like ;). It wasn’t on your very extensive (varied!) list which is why I mentioned it, your bird (or memory of it) doesn’t fit any wild European bird that I, nor anyone else on this thread, has been able to think of and that’s a fair amount of pooled experience! I think you will probably have to let this one go, maybe it was an exotic escape but as for a figurine made out of styrofoam, often toys and figurines don’t depict the plumage of actual birds. The fact that you haven’t been able to match the memory of the bird with any image in a guide book or online might suggest some gaps in the memory.

You’re dead right there Deb, as suggested way back in Post no.6!
A thank you to all the people who have tried to help would be nice..........

You’re dead right there Deb, as suggested way back in Post no.6!

Way back in post 6, some of us still had hope o:D

(I agree that a ‘thanks’ doesn’t go amiss but I’ve learnt from my own experience on these ID threads, OPs often don’t even come back to acknowledge you’ve ID’d the bird for them, let alone post a polite ‘thank you ’!)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back