• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Annoyed with Tamron (1 Viewer)

shrek48

I have a Tamron 150-600 and the Af stopped working recently, so sent it to Tamron for an estimate.
Estimate what a joke, no repair estimate just a replace everything quote, this is born out by the fact there is no Labour charge when I said to send it back unrepaired!
How can they estimate a repair if they have not diagnosed it?
They quoted £560, bloody lens is not worth that anymore ! I read the pdf quote and it was massive and full of unrelated stuff too. I sent it to Tamron hoping for good service but sadly got nothing but a replace menu quote!!
How sickenly sad.... :C
never again will I buy crap.... prime next if i can find one at a reasonable price, if not I will just keep manually focusing my Tamron...
Rant over 8-P

This scenario is what plays in my head every time I am tempted to purchase a lens from a secondary manufacturer. I will continue to purchase lenses from within my camera’s ecosystem no matter the temptations of others.

Do you have any local non Tamron camera repair centres? Sending back to the manufacture will always cost more bit like using your local main car dealer than your local garage?
Might be worth seeing if anyone like that can repair the lens often they hold parts from old lens that they can scavenge parts off etc, which would make any repair much cheaper.
Got an old 50-500 lens fixed many many moons ago and the cost by using the third party repair centre was much cheaper than a new lens or sending it back to Sigma.
Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back