• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Another hello from Vancouver (1 Viewer)

RetroGrouch

Hi all,

I'm new to birding, so please forgive me if I ask the odd stupid question. (I'll always try to look for an existing answer before I post. Promise.)

Heading into retirement and I live right by Stanley Park, which seems to have a decent variety of birds.

I never get bored of the bald eagles, and visit a couple of nests in the park almost every day to see how the young ones are doing. Saw a pileated woodpecker yesterday, and heard (but didn't quite see) what I suspect was a barred owl last week. Also a really weird gull yesterday, but he may just have been deformed? (Long, extremely down-curved curved beak.)

Really basic stuff, but to me it's exciting.

Mike

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will fund us to be a friendly and helpful group.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Mike and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi ya Mike and a warm welcome to you from down South.

Please join in wherever you like ;)

Users who are viewing this thread