• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Sparrowhawk fans? (1 Viewer)

Shirl

Great fearless little hawks, Its one bird I know inside out had a great deal to do with them over the last 30 years or so.
Regards
Colin

Great fearless little hawks, Its one bird I know inside out had a great deal to do with them over the last 30 years or so.
Regards
Colin

Umm me to, watched, filmed, reared, flown and hunted, cracking little chaps.

mark

(BFC cotswold)

Sorry everyone, I haven't been back to reply. Delighted you all enjoyed Dave's footage :t:

Mine is way more modest than his but caught a couple of sightings myself this week. Posted on on my blog http://blog.shirlsgardenwatch.co.uk/2010/02/snow-brings-them-in.html where there is a direct link to a video of a female and another text one to a male brieflly defeathering a chaffinch. Both brief vids taken in my garden.

Still have issues seeig the birds that I attract to my garden being taken by other but fully understand that is the cycle of nature.

Thanks for your replies,

Shir :t: |:D|

Yea, me too, big Sparrowhawk fan!

I've got a regular SH visiting my garden, some times she gets something and some times she misses out.

Hi everyone,

This morning caught a few photos of a female making unsuccesful visits to the bird feeders. Photos taken through window. Fav shot - the first one.

Shirl

Attachments

• SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (3)bf.jpg
    SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (3)bf.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 48
  • SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (2)bf.jpg
    SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (2)bf.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 37
  • SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (1)bf.jpg
    SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female (1)bf.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 39
  • SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female bf.jpg
    SGW10 FEB28, Sparrowhawk female bf.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 41
Some lovely shots... I'm really keen on getting some nice close-up shots of these birds. Has anyone got any tips, locations etc I could aim for...??

I've enjoyed getting some of Kites and Buzzards over the last few of months.

Attachments

• Red kite.jpg
    Red kite.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Red Kite at rest.jpg
    Red Kite at rest.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back