• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any thoughts on a good birding magazine covering the US? (1 Viewer)

sbarnhardt

Jack of a few trades Master of notta!
Opus Editor
United States
I'm interested in a good print birding magazine covering US areas, issues, etc. Not a big fan of digital publications.

Any suggestions or thoughts pro or con?

Last edited:
Birdwatching Magazine, I’ve read it for years. Has good information and hot spots around the country.

Birdwatching Magazine, I’ve read it for years. Has good information and hot spots around the country.

Is there a US version "and" a UK version?

My reason for asking is I was following along on another thread about something in "Birdwatching Magazine" when it was mentioned it was a UK magazine covering mostly birding in the British Isles.

??

Although I allowed my membership to lapse years ago, I always found the ABA's bimonthly magazine, Birding, an informative resource. https://www.aba.org/magazine/

Gary H

I've looked at that one, but it appeared to me it was a "members only" publication. ??? Don't know I want to put that much into what's functionally just a magazine subscription. Might think differently if I could get a single copy for evaluation. I'll look into it.

I've looked at that one, but it appeared to me it was a "members only" publication. ??? Don't know I want to put that much into what's functionally just a magazine subscription. Might think differently if I could get a single copy for evaluation. I'll look into it.

Joining the ABA is much more than a magazine subscription. From their website:

The ABA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides leadership to birders by increasing their knowledge, skills, and enjoyment of birding. We are the only organization in North America that specifically caters to recreational birders. We also contribute to bird and bird habitat conservation through our varied programs.​
MISSION STATEMENT

The American Birding Association inspires all people to enjoy and protect wild birds.
The American Birding Association represents the North American birding community and supports birders through publications, conferences, workshops, tours, partnerships, and networks.

The ABA’s education programs promote birding skills, ornithological knowledge, and the development of a conservation ethic.

The ABA encourages birders to apply their skills to help conserve birds and their habitats, and we represent the interests of birders in planning and legislative arenas.

They also publish North American Birds, and maintain the ABA Checklist, and ABA code of birding ethics.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back