• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anybody using the XT-1 (1 Viewer)

I've been using it for quite a while now, and think its one of the best I've ever used.
does any one use this camera and whats your thoughts on it

I sold all my canon gear last year and bought the X-T1, X-T10, plus 5 lenses. I shot 3 weddings over the summer, plenty of events (conferences etc) and will be taking it to Sierra Leone at he end of Feb, and Zimbabwe at the end of March. I'm trying to work out how to get the new XF 100-400 lens for the wildlife :) I love x-trans sensor, the ability to shot Fuji Velvia jpegs as well as raw. I often find myself using the jpegs straight out the camera as they look better than the raws via Lightroom 6. Funny enough, this camera has reignited my love of taking photos, and I'll often just walk around the local park to "play". I'll add some "park pictures" when I get home. Martin

some park pics with the Fuji X-T10

Attachments

• DSCF1074.jpg
    DSCF1074.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF1087.jpg
    DSCF1087.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF1095.jpg
    DSCF1095.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 114
Had mine for almost 2 years and I never leave home without it.

100-400 arrives shortly and that will do it for me....

Until the X-T2 arrives :D

I have the XT-1.

It is brilliant, light and an ease to use. I use it for close-ups, butterflies, plants and general shots, and it is very good, I can't fault it. It's expensive along with the lenses, it can't match the big Nikon, nor should it.

If you own Oly lenses, then I would go down that brand route. I would steer clear of Nikon's mirror offerings,

For bird photography you need to be close, but I'm fussy and images have to sharp to be acceptable. The Fuji will give you these but at the moment I don't have the 400mm lens, so I'm a bit limited. The new software updates should improve AF.

I'd be keen to see just what results can be obtained from the new 400mm lens.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back