Anyone else like Birds AND planes? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Canberra Bomber low over the house on Monday night?

A Canberra bomber low over the house on Monday night? ;)

Attachments

• P2360675.jpeg   Canberra Bomber 1..jpg
    P2360675.jpeg Canberra Bomber 1..jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 40

KenM

You sure it's not a Bat.............;)

;):-O

Initially thinking Snipe as it ''jerked'' into view, couldn't believe my luck as it was still relatively bright (although having seen before) has never been bright enough to be able to rattle off some shots.

Attachments

• P2360673.jpeg   Noctule 1..jpeg
    P2360673.jpeg Noctule 1..jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P2360678.jpeg    Noctule 4..jpg
    P2360678.jpeg Noctule 4..jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P2360672.jpeg   Noctule 2..jpg
    P2360672.jpeg Noctule 2..jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

mummymonkey

United Kingdom

Initially thinking Snipe as it ''jerked'' into view, couldn't believe my luck as it was still relatively bright (although having seen before) has never been bright enough to be able to rattle off some shots.

Any idea what species? I've tried to photograph bats a few times - no luck yet.

Farnboro John

Fairly sure that's a Noctule: long-winged and hunting high in the open sky with enough light left to get a picture. Nice one.

Meatbox had nightfighter variants, some of which are among the ugliest fighter aircraft ever used by the RAF. :eek!:

John

KenM

Fairly sure that's a Noctule: long-winged and hunting high in the open sky with enough light left to get a picture. Nice one.

Meatbox had nightfighter variants, some of which are among the ugliest fighter aircraft ever used by the RAF. :eek!:

John

Yes John and mummymonkey, Noctule Bat on size/bulk and long wings as John mentioned. :t:

PaulD

Paul Doherty
Can anyone identify this aircraft for me?

Attachments

• IMG_1484 Med.jpg
    IMG_1484 Med.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1488 Med.jpg
    IMG_1488 Med.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 6

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
Yes, the Bell Boeing V22 based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk, but operated by the USA. A Special Operations unit but also search and rescue missions......extremely versatile.

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
USMC pair of F35Bs carrying out general handling today OTT against blue skies but chucked in some almost display standard manouvres this afternoon. Shame they have to return soon as it cheered me up after again being robbed this morning by my dentist. Hopefully C130s tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread