• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Anyone else like Birds AND planes? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Is it one of these Ken? “Last year, BAE Systems was awarded a four-year £42 million contract from the Ministry of Defence for the support of the fleet of four BAE 146 aircraft operated by 32 (The Royal) Squadron from RAF Northolt in West London.”

Dead on, Richard, good ID!

John
Looks like you've nailed it Richard if Johns anything to go by!(y) Does that mean I've seen 25% of the UK population in one shutterburst?
:)

MJB

Boeing 737,

you still won't get me on one of these just yet.

As an aside, in the image at the article, the GOL aircraft has a slightly different tail (last bit of the body) detail to the rest, seems more simplistic, what's going on there?
According to http://www.b737.org.uk/737maxdiffs.htm, the 737 MAX APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) is still a Honeywell 131-9 but is updated to series 41 which has various minor improvements such as improved starting reliability. Externally, the tailcone has been extended 43 inches for streamlining.

I take that to mean that the APU fitted went from series 40 to series 41 during 737 MAX production and so the tailcone external appearance changed.
MJB

Andy Adcock

England
According to http://www.b737.org.uk/737maxdiffs.htm, the 737 MAX APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) is still a Honeywell 131-9 but is updated to series 41 which has various minor improvements such as improved starting reliability. Externally, the tailcone has been extended 43 inches for streamlining.

I take that to mean that the APU fitted went from series 40 to series 41 during 737 MAX production and so the tailcone external appearance changed.
MJB
Thank you Sir.

MJB

I noted this story on the BBC News website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55446454), but I didn't recognise one of the aircraft's name and model designation, and so I looked it up. ("Meanwhile, the US ski-equipped Basler aircraft flew 2,200km from the US McMurdo research station to Australia's Wilkins Aerodrome to pick up an Australian doctor.).
Here's the aircraft. I think its ancestry goes back almost 90 years... 00 C47 derivative.jpg
Basler BT-67
MJB

Andy Adcock

England
A couple of decommisioned aircraft, standing on a traffic island near Chiang Kai Shek airport in Taipai, Taiwan, what are they and apologies for the rather incomplete second shot.

There was also a very disappointing sign at check in when I got back to Bangkok, on the grounds of discrimination of course ;)

Attachments

• SDC10106.JPG
    SDC10106.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • SDC10105.JPG
    SDC10105.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 9

Stonefaction

Stuck in Dundee.....
Scotland
North American F-86F(? - not certain of mark) Sabre and McDonnel Douglas RF-101 Voodoo (photo-reconnaisance version - camera port just visible at left of pic) of RoCAF.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread