• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone else like Birds AND planes? (4 Viewers)

Good grief.

Quite disgraceful. You should report that behaviour Adam!!!

Yes, I will be making a report - as will the RSPB at the Centre too

Adam,
The most recent online image I can find is from 2016, and it probably shows the fuselage post-inspection prior to full reassembly of the aircraft at Fairoaks, Chobham Surrey in 2016. The photographer, David Reeves, does not appear to be the owner and has copyright. He works for Air-Britain Trust. The image is in the ABPics library. The aircraft is 25 years old

I trust that helps...
MJB

From G-INFO:

Registered owner of G-MZPJ is:

JULIAN AUBERT
THE ROUND HOUSE
ADDLESTONE ROAD
ADDLESTONE
KT15 2RX

Go get 'em, Floyd. Absolutely shocking. Normally I'd make some sort of joke but I don't feel like it looking at those (excellent btw) photos.

John

From G-INFO:

Registered owner of G-MZPJ is:

JULIAN AUBERT
THE ROUND HOUSE
ADDLESTONE ROAD
ADDLESTONE
KT15 2RX

Go get 'em, Floyd. Absolutely shocking. Normally I'd make some sort of joke but I don't feel like it looking at those (excellent btw) photos.

John

You beat me to it, John!:t:
MJB

Cheers guys! The warden has also contacted CAA and is hopeful that Natural England will take up the case too. It did make me laugh when the CAA said it is hard to judge an aircraft's height without anything but the plane in the photo.....i took some that had no sky in them!!!

Cheers guys! The warden has also contacted CAA and is hopeful that Natural England will take up the case too. It did make me laugh when the CAA said it is hard to judge an aircraft's height without anything but the plane in the photo.....i took some that had no sky in them!!!

Less than 100ft never mind the 500ft below which a pilot has to have permission to fly!

A

Unbelievable.

Nice one Ads :t:

Cheers all - the warden also received extra photos and video from observers on the North Wall (I was on the coast looking northwards) one of whom is a pilot and he reckoned the pilot was sometime only 40ft off the deck (which is what I put in my report also!). Yep, I hope the case is followed up and he gets the proper penalties - Pagham Harbour is a Ramsar site, SSSI, SPA etc and it's not like wildlife has a lot of places to call home along the south coast.....

I was out photographing Fieldfare at Pleasington Lancashire when this KLM B738 # PH-BGC was going around in the Rosun Hold this Morning 08/11/2017.

P.S. have a look at our sister site aviationnostalgia.com
Having worked for Landor, a design agency specializing in aircraft liveries, I am totally convinced that if KLM had approached us for a 'brand refresh' with the current livery (as in your photo) with the forward blue cheatline swooping downwards, we would have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds in 'consultancy fees' and come up with...a straight cheatline.....in other words, the previous livery. The straight cheat would have "shown purpose, forward direction, and underlined KLM heritage as a reliable, solid brand with gravitas and granulaity". Or something like that, for half a million quid. I've seen some great re-designs, but I never quite got what the point of waving the blue line was.

This one's a bit over my head.....for ID purposes? ;)

Am sure someone can oblige, I was wondering if it was an Apache....if it was (there were two of them).....it's the first time I've seen one...not sitting on a horse. :-O

Cheers

Attachments

• P1650305.jpeg   Chopper over.jpg
    P1650305.jpeg Chopper over.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 38
Definitely an attack chopper, presumably an Apache. Here in Beds we often get pairs of them flying over. They're so noisy, I always think that if I was a Taleb, I’d be crouched in my foxhole with my Stinger pointed at the sky long before they put in an appearance.

Edit: that’s always provided that I still had some of those Stingers that the CIA so kindly provided to fire at the Russians.

Last edited:
This one's a bit over my head.....for ID purposes? ;)

Am sure someone can oblige, I was wondering if it was an Apache....if it was (there were two of them).....it's the first time I've seen one...not sitting on a horse. :-O

Cheers

Yup, 'Pash for sure - Longbow millimetre wave radar on top of the rotorhead. We see them coming past quite regularly as well, making their way back up from Salisbury Plain to Wattisham I expect.

Characteristic sound, got a real grind to it.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back