• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone else like Birds AND planes? (2 Viewers)

Canberra Bomber low over the house on Monday night?

A Canberra bomber low over the house on Monday night? ;)

Attachments

• P2360675.jpeg   Canberra Bomber 1..jpg
    P2360675.jpeg Canberra Bomber 1..jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 48
You sure it's not a Bat.............;)

;):-O

Initially thinking Snipe as it ''jerked'' into view, couldn't believe my luck as it was still relatively bright (although having seen before) has never been bright enough to be able to rattle off some shots.

Attachments

• P2360673.jpeg   Noctule 1..jpeg
    P2360673.jpeg Noctule 1..jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 27
  • P2360678.jpeg    Noctule 4..jpg
    P2360678.jpeg Noctule 4..jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P2360672.jpeg   Noctule 2..jpg
    P2360672.jpeg Noctule 2..jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Initially thinking Snipe as it ''jerked'' into view, couldn't believe my luck as it was still relatively bright (although having seen before) has never been bright enough to be able to rattle off some shots.

Any idea what species? I've tried to photograph bats a few times - no luck yet.

Fairly sure that's a Noctule: long-winged and hunting high in the open sky with enough light left to get a picture. Nice one.

Meatbox had nightfighter variants, some of which are among the ugliest fighter aircraft ever used by the RAF. :eek!:

John

Fairly sure that's a Noctule: long-winged and hunting high in the open sky with enough light left to get a picture. Nice one.

Meatbox had nightfighter variants, some of which are among the ugliest fighter aircraft ever used by the RAF. :eek!:

John

Yes John and mummymonkey, Noctule Bat on size/bulk and long wings as John mentioned. :t:

Yes, the Bell Boeing V22 based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk, but operated by the USA. A Special Operations unit but also search and rescue missions......extremely versatile.

USMC pair of F35Bs carrying out general handling today OTT against blue skies but chucked in some almost display standard manouvres this afternoon. Shame they have to return soon as it cheered me up after again being robbed this morning by my dentist. Hopefully C130s tonight.

Nearly forgot about this!.....got caught up on the birding side of things. Flew over the drum last week, clearly military transport....but I thought (size illusion) bit on the small side?

Cheers

Attachments

• P2390051.jpeg   MP1.jpeg
    P2390051.jpeg MP1.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 9
Is it one of these Ken? “Last year, BAE Systems was awarded a four-year £42 million contract from the Ministry of Defence for the support of the fleet of four BAE 146 aircraft operated by 32 (The Royal) Squadron from RAF Northolt in West London.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back