• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone else like Birds AND planes? (1 Viewer)

Didn’t see that picture, although I think it looks odd
SOCOM wanted something like this - but there is simply not the budget for another new airframe type in the small batches that SOCOM would need them for. A plus for the adapted Herc is RAPID DRAGON could be used in theatre - This being a palletized, long ranged anti shipping missile that rolls off the ramp and away to target.

Attachments

• copenorth.jpg
    copenorth.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 13
It might be my imagination but…is there something about the “sound” of a military chopper that instinctively tells you so?

Two of “these” flew over my abode this am (dunno), am not used to seeing them camouflaged, the big “twin rotor jobs” and the Apache are the norm hereabouts (NE London) with the latter being black and the former a mono colour grey.

Cheers

Attachments

• 55EED93F-D4A6-4F73-952D-57A4F1D70BB9.jpeg
    55EED93F-D4A6-4F73-952D-57A4F1D70BB9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
saw this air ambulance circling, looking for a spot to land so followed it. He was waiting for an ambulance with a patient from an RTA.

The chopper is an Agusta something or other.

Attachments

• 1665492025043.jpg
    1665492025043.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
saw this air ambulance circling, looking for a spot to land so followed it. He was waiting for an ambulance with a patient from an RTA.

The chopper is an Agusta something or other.
I googled the registration G-DRLA: it's an AgustaWestland A109SP Grand - lineal descendant of the old Agusta A109 first introduced to British service by captured Argentinian equipment.

John

There were two of these yesterday (NE London), I don’t have a scooby?

Cheers

Attachments

• 58D69137-17F0-455F-A4C2-C4215F9B18F7.jpeg
    58D69137-17F0-455F-A4C2-C4215F9B18F7.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 5
Fairly often used to seeing the Dragon Rapide out of Duxford. It’s used to fly tourist flights into London, I used to see it when I lived/worked there.

However this week, in Cambs/Suffolk saw a different version, in a new to me livery. Air Atlantique. I believe it’s also out of Duxford. Not too many still flying after 75 years.

56E88D59-40D8-4C5F-AA58-6687BFB8D04B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back