• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone getting good results with a TLS Apo? (1 Viewer)

Hi all
I picked up a used TLS Apo (apsC) for use on my ATX85 as I wasn’t too happy withmy phone results. I also got a Lumix GX9. I have now tried it with a Nikon D610 and the Lumix but the results are very poor, the phone was better.

The Lumix is a new camera for me but I am very familiar with photo basics.

Is anyone out there using the TLS Apo and getting quality results? If so your top tips would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Do you have any ideas about why you might not be happy with the results so far?
Could it be to do with focus, vibration blur or something else?
Perhaps an idea of your set-up and a few examples might help if you wouldn't mind posting them?

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, couple of pics added 🤞

Thanks Richard, yep I knew that but was assured by the shop it would be ok and would just be a cropping issue on the full frame. They supplied a Nikon and m43 T2 mount to use with it. I do wonder though if they were correct.

Pyrtle, yep, seen that video and others on the Swarovski site and they are what helped me make the decision to buy. However the quality I'm getting is not as it should be at the moment.

I've tried some on self timer to reduce vibration, on unextended legs, and use a magnified manual focus but the results look like I'm using a cheap lens.

I'll keep trying. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Attachments

• 9E61A786-BE99-4F40-AD88-4CC546F28E22.jpg
    9E61A786-BE99-4F40-AD88-4CC546F28E22.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back