• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AOU-NACC Proposals 2015 (1 Viewer)

I don't live in Europe anymore, so I have a difficulty taking you or anyone else from the group in. In my youth, I have spent weeks camping rough at some of those places though. B :)

Niels

This is just an updated version of his earlier rant on the ABA blog...I didn't find it persuasive then, and I don't now...

At the moment, I cannot even find the 2015C proposals on the AOU website, and I don't think the comments file has been there that I have seen. Anyone have further info?

Niels

Sorry, found it. Turns out I was looking at the old website, not the new one.

Last edited:
Incidentally, the first batch of 2015 proposals was posted in Nov 2014, but still no sign of any 2016 proposals so far – perhaps we can expect fewer proposals this year...?

Incidentally, the first batch of 2015 proposals was posted in Nov 2014, but still no sign of any 2016 proposals so far – perhaps we can expect fewer proposals this year...?

I think every year they get posted progressively later than the last. I don't think it's the number of proposals, I think its the fact that they probably don't have a dedicated website person (at least this is what I was told some years ago). It's basically a volunteer position and obviously research/work/family stuff comes first, so stuff get delayed.

I am sure someone from the AOU can correct me if I am wrong. It wouldn't surprise me though if sometimes this year we get several proposal batches up at once.

I think every year they get posted progressively later than the last. I don't think it's the number of proposals, I think its the fact that they probably don't have a dedicated website person (at least this is what I was told some years ago). It's basically a volunteer position and obviously research/work/family stuff comes first, so stuff get delayed.

I am sure someone from the AOU can correct me if I am wrong. It wouldn't surprise me though if sometimes this year we get several proposal batches up at once.

It does seem later every year. The chair (Terry Chesser) does all the collating and organization of the the proposals, and writes many as well. He is a curator at the Smithsonian in his spare time. I was told that a new batch should be coming soon. It will then get posted to our website.

Andy Kratter

The above proposal (SACC #705) and the one mentioned in the Caribbean Coot thread both mention that the proposals to NACC has passed. So we have that much of a preview of the outcome ;)

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back