• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

APM Telescopes Release Of The APM MS 6x30 Porro Prism Binocular (1 Viewer)

gcole

I thought this might be of interest to some here who prefer using a moderately priced low power binocular for both Wildlife and Astronomy viewing. These first caught my interest back in 2018 when reading a discussion in the Cloudy Nights Forum about APM Telescopes developing a New line of Magnesium Porro Binoculars. I see now they finally got out all the bugs and will be able to be shipped later on this month. These can be pre-ordered now from Lunt Solar Systems or APM direct. I could not resist so I pre-ordered a pair. Price is $195 at Lunt Solar Systems. From the one review I have read , had favorable remarks.
Some of the spec’s : BAK4 Glass, Center Focus, IPD 57-72, FOV 9.3, Weight With Eyepiece Covers/Objective Caps ...591g, waterproof, Eye Relief 18.5 which might have been improved since their original prototype. They are being sourced from China (Kunming United Optic).

Last edited:

CharleyBird

These new 6x30 APM are one of three I am currently considering purchasing. Very steady views I imagine, very pleasant to hold, light to carry, and cheap as chips. I wonder if the first batch has arrived in Germany?
How are you finding the prototype in use Canip? Compared to the Nikon 8x30 E11 for example?

Cheers
Andy

P.S.
Incidentally, one of the other two I fancy on paper is the Leica UV+ 8x50 ... about which I can find very little comment anywhere, except your ratings Canip, in your collection outlined on Binoculars Today.

Users who are viewing this thread