• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are these Divers? (1 Viewer)

Garrulous Jay

Saw these from the shore at Skipness just as Kilbrannan Sound becomes Loch Fyne, looking East towards Bute, last Saturday (31st October). I'm thinking winter plumage black-throated divers, but five at once? Can anyone help me please?

Attachments

• Skipness311015.jpg
    Skipness311015.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 201
Thanks guys. I spent a pleasant week in Kintyre and Islay last week. Is there anywhere on here where I could/should post a trip report?

What a great time you had... that's such a lovely area to visit, isn't it.

Vacational Trip Reports is the place to tell us all about your holiday. I've been to Islay twice - a wonderful island, isn't it.

Interestingly, on the same trip I saw GN Divers from the Kennacraig to Islay ferry that were definitely still in Summer plumage:see new photo.

Interestingly, whereas these BTs are in full winter plumage, I saw GNs from the Kennacraig to Islay ferry just a couple of days previously, which were in full Summer plumage still. (See new photo post)

GN Diver in full Summer plumage on 28th October

Although my BT Divers were in winter plumage, this GN Diver is obviously in Summer plumage and that's in the last week of October! Seen from ferry between Ardrossen and Brodick (not on the Islay ferry as i reported earlier).

Attachments

• GNDiver.jpg
    GNDiver.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 105
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back