• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arizona ID requests (1 Viewer)

Loutsy

With regard to the first photo, can someone confirm my guess that this is a Canyon Towhee spotted in Red Rocks park near Sedona, AZ on Nov 22/19. With regard to the second photo, I believe the bird's back was blue and am guessing a Western Bluebird, spotted Red Rocks park Nov. 22/19. With regard to the third photo, which I apologize I could not get a front view, I would guess it to be a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, due to it's size and pattern on back - spotted at Bubbling Ponds Preserve at Sage Springs AZ on Nov 24/19. With regard to the fourth photo - I am guessing a Black-tailed Gnatcatcher - spotted at Bubbling Ponds Preserve in Sage Springs, AZ on Nov 24/19. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Attachments

• unknown possible Canyon Towhee Nov 22 19 IMGP2124.jpg
    unknown possible Canyon Towhee Nov 22 19 IMGP2124.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Unknown Nov 22 19 IMGP2131.jpg
    Unknown Nov 22 19 IMGP2131.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 64
  • unknown Nov 24 19 IMGP2303.jpg
    unknown Nov 24 19 IMGP2303.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Unknown Nov 24 19 IMGP2237.jpg
    Unknown Nov 24 19 IMGP2237.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 89
Agree on ##1-3.

#4 I'm thinking an Ovenbird - white eye ring, and dark crown stripe with a hint of orange down the middle of the crown stripe. A good find for Arizona, if I'm right.

No streaking on breast for Ovenbird, and I believe the heading coloring is an effect of photo/lighting. Also the strong rufous on the tail screams HETH.

Where is this?

Hi,

I am wondering where the Bubbling Ponds Preserve is located. I can't find that or Sage Springs, AZ in Google maps. If I should happen to get near there I would like to take a look.

Thank you! MP

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back