• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arizona Woodpecker USA (1 Viewer)

Photgog

Rufous-Female
I'm sorry here, using an ID post, to share an unusual bird. Forgive me here as I'm learning the rules and norms of the forum.

This is an Arizona Woodpecker... formally known as a Strickland's...

I have several local birders... mad at me... for having this bird.

Fraser

Taken at Miller Canyon... just south of Sierra Vista, Arizona... about 18 miles from the Mexican Border.

Attachments

• WPecker3m.jpg
    WPecker3m.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 94
  • WPecker4.jpg
    WPecker4.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Nice bird!1 In case you were wondering where a better place to post this was, I would say the "Birds & Birding" forum or "Your birding day" forum.

You'll get the hang of it sooner or later :t:

-Matt

Miller Canyon is pretty sweet - I was last there 3 years ago! Got a lot of lifers on that trip.

Definitely a nice bird to have, I see them at Ash Canyon all the time (just down the highway from Miller's. Agree with Matt, Birds & Birding would be a good place, and you will get the hang of it here. I think it takes most of us a while.

Nice bird, which I got fairly easily on a visit to AZ some years ago. Just a shame with that branch obstructing the photos ...

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back