• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arrow Valley Lake and Park (Redditch) (1 Viewer)

black throated

still there yesterday

Attachments

• DSC02084.JPG
    DSC02084.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC02087.JPG
    DSC02087.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • DSC02081.JPG
    DSC02081.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC02101.JPG
    DSC02101.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC02102.JPG
    DSC02102.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
REPORT...….Black-throated Diver still there this morning but flew off later.....Great to have seen it over a decent period.

A couple of the Pink-footed Goose that accompanied the Greylag Goose flock at the end of December into early January; often over-looked with all the focus on the diver!

Attachments

• PFG-AVL-1a.jpg
    PFG-AVL-1a.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 37
  • PFG-AVL-2a.jpg
    PFG-AVL-2a.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
3 Goosander on the lake about 07:30 today - 1 male & 2 female. Oystercatchers in front of the Sailing Club, a solitary Kingfisher very active on the west side. Not a bad place to stop for half an hour on the way to work.

Possible Osprey Saturday morning 24/8/19. Flew over in north westerly direction. Very poor photo on my facebook page appears to show a tracking antenna and the bird is carrying a fish. Unfortunately, I had just taken my 600mm lens off that morning!!

Possible Osprey Saturday morning 24/8/19. Flew over in north westerly direction. Very poor photo on my facebook page appears to show a tracking antenna and the bird is carrying a fish. Unfortunately, I had just taken my 600mm lens off that morning!!

Would agree with your interpretation of the photo - also the white on the head

Not a rare bird but saw a Red Kite (first time in this location) by the lake this afternoon. Flying over Stitch Meadow, scared off the magpies, crows and pigeons.

Not quite Arrow Valley but 4 x Little Egrets in horses field this morning. It’s the field by the fishing pond on the way from the lake to Forge Mill Meadows. There are large conker trees on the edge of the river and bridges where people feed the ducks. The field is on the path to the houses in Ridings Lane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back