• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arrow Valley Lake and Park (Redditch) (1 Viewer)

A bit off patch but around area.....

RED KITE flying along Bromsgrove highway towards Bromsgrove...very low....around 1pm

I thought the highlight this afternoon would be three little egrets in front of the sailing club until... a hobby drifted over the visitor centre. The greylags have all gone and not many coots were in evidence. In fact most of the lake was pretty empty.

Monday 21st Sept......

Pair of Buzzard over Bordesley Abbey.....one very Pale.....never been here before - will have to have a walk around when got more time.....

Attachments

• 50.JPG
    50.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 13
  • 51.JPG
    51.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 52.JPG
    52.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 53.JPG
    53.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 54.JPG
    54.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
Caught up with the Otters at Arrow Valley.....4 in total...One Adult ...2 medium sized young and another smaller young one. The young one came so close I couldnt focus properly.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 6
Got out yesterday for the first time in a quite a while. Kingfisher at the lower weir & again near the sailing club. Buzzard in the trees near the underpass then a pair of Green Woodpecker either side of the river at Bordesley. Egret passed the five tunnels. On the way back to Ipsley Pool saw plenty of Long Tailed Tits. Another Egret just above the bridge near Ipsley.

Attachments

• Buzzard 10.1.21.jpg
    Buzzard 10.1.21.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Egret.JPG
    Egret.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 4
For some time I've been convinced of great black-backed gulls near Aldi in downtown Redditch, but never had bins on me to confirm. This afternoon I was alerted by half a dozen lessers at AVL who suddenly took off in consternation. They were mobbing a larger gull. This had to be great. Lessers and herrings get along pretty well but neither can stand their larger cousin (nor can most birds). No field marks for this one, just the behaviour.

Also loads of swallows, a few swifts and ultimately house and sand martins brought down to water level by the rain. Mistle thrushes are ever-present at the Holloway Drive parking lot, probably with young already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back