• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Astroscope + DSLR = Gallery! (2 Viewers)

Nice to see this thread alive again Paul, shame it stopped being used I liked to see all your picture's taken with the SW80ED as I have one but sadly its down south and I am up north but will be moving down hopefully in the next month or so.

Nice to have a pair of Goldfinches nesting in my garden this year, never had that before. Nikon D3300, SW80ED 600mm with a 2X telenegative taken from an old zoom lens. Not perfectly sharp as this thin branch was swaying around but it's near enough.

Paul.
Goldfinch.JPG

Nice to have a pair of Goldfinches nesting in my garden this year, never had that before. Nikon D3300, SW80ED 600mm with a 2X telenegative taken from an old zoom lens. Not perfectly sharp as this thin branch was swaying around but it's near enough.

Paul.
View attachment 1382567
Hi Paul,

Long time no see... Nice Goldfinch.

Here is a photo that I am quite pleased with. Male Red-backed shrike photographed late evening in the deep shades after the sun had died behind the trees.
It was quite a distance to the subject as I did not want to take the risk of scaring the bird who was posing near perfect.
TS102 and adding 1.4 TC for a total of ~1000mm focal length.
Olympus EM-1 Mark 2 ISO3200 1/50s (!)

Cheers
Tord

Attachments

• RBS.jpg
    RBS.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 29
This Robin is in the garden daily, looking scruffy now after a long nesting season and multiple nesting attempts, all of which I think have been unsuccessful as I've seen no young accompanying the adult.

Nikon D3300 - SW80ED - 6x7 medium format 2x teleconverter glass mounted into Nikon extension tubes.

Paul.

Attachments

• Robin_2_July_30th_2022.JPG
    Robin_2_July_30th_2022.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Robin_3_July_30th_2022.JPG
    Robin_3_July_30th_2022.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 17
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back