• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Atlantic Odyssey - (23 March to 24 April 2025) (1 Viewer)

Mike Hunter

A friend and I are booked on Oceanwide's Atlantic Odyssey in 2024 (28 March to 28 April) [now moved to 2025, see post below]

We expect to do some birding in Ushuaia before, and in Cape Verde after, the expedition. Are there any birders wanting to team up for Razo Lark on Cape Verde for example, or looking for White-bellied Seedsnipe near Ushuaia?

We are also booked in a treble so an opportunity for a single birder to join a keen sea birders' room!

And for other birders booked on the 2024 expedition to feel free to say hello on this thread :cool:

Be good if birders on the 2023 expedition could share their experiences and advice?

Many thanks

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The friend I was doing this trip with tragically died recently. I didn't want to do AO 2024 and other elements without him, it wouldn't be right, so I've pushed it back to 2025.

Early info on 2025. There is a strong birding contingent going from Sweden in 2025, and for those interested, Oceanwide is offering a 10% discount for early 2025 booking (making it less expensive than 2024).

I can't change the title to 'Atlantic Odyssey and Cape Verde: 23 March to 24 April 2025'. Is this something mods could do?

Thanks

Mike

can't change the title to 'Atlantic Odyssey and Cape Verde: 23 March to 24 April 2025'. Is this something mods could do?
Sorry to hear about your friend 😕 I have changed the title for you and made a slight edit in your first post to show the date change 👍

Sorry to hear about your friend.

This trip is absolutely ultimate bucket list for me.

Unfortunately not possible for at least another 10 years as I have a busy young family.

Have a wonderful trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back