• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Audacity-real time (1 Viewer)

Birdspotter

Hi,
Can anyone please advise how I go about seeing the actual recording time on audacity?
Whilst I am happy with my recordings I have no idea what time say that redwing went over at!
I record using a Zoom h4n pro that splits my nightly recording into 1hr (or so) files.

Many thanks

Calum

I don't think audacity can do it- you need to know when the recording started then you can just add the time of the call & get the actual time - if you set date for file name that will give you the start time of each recording

If you goto View > Toolbars > Selection Toolbar you will get a toolbar that shows the timestamp of the cursor and of any selection you make. You can add that on to the timestamp of the recorder file. Check that the recorder is set to the correct time.

Hi,
Can anyone please advise how I go about seeing the actual recording time on audacity?
Whilst I am happy with my recordings I have no idea what time say that redwing went over at!
I record using a Zoom h4n pro that splits my nightly recording into 1hr (or so) files.

Many thanks

Calum
Hi
The H5 has a possibility to set date-time as an option for filename, and I really lack that in H6 and F6.
Here is the setup for Zoom H5: 181213-161725_BAGAMOYO-YVB-01 =13. Dec 2018 16:17:25 in the afternoon.
Only if you can find it in the Folder on the PC- but be aware often I find they name it when the file finished.
Stein

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back