• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Austin Texas sound recording Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Mr_K

Hello,

If you remember last week I posted my own whistle of an imitation of a bird that had a special ending cheep note. It went up in pitch. I heard the bird this morning and recorded it many times. I picked one recording that had a few clear cheeps at the end. It is not the best audio but it does have multiple songs. It sounds like a titmouse but for that raised last note.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• What is this bird Austin TX.20210407.mp4
    7.3 MB
Hello.

My other post for this bird was my own whistle from memory. This post was the real deal. The bird in the tree.

I still think the end note, that has a raised pitch, is distinctive.

Thanks.

My other post for this bird was my own whistle from memory. This post was the real deal. The bird in the tree.
My point was just that I recognised it as a Carolina Wren from your whistle - itโ€™s not a difficult song to emulate - but yes, itโ€™s good you recorded the โ€™real dealโ€™ for confirmation ๐Ÿ‘

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back