• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Azure Tit in Moscow ? (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
I am in Moscow until December 4. Are there likely to be any Azure Tits in the area, and if so anyone know a good site ? Anything else about ?

Cheers,

Larry

don't think there are any regular sites Larry, its pretty rare in western Russia generally though you may get some further east. Maybe someone who has that new book on birding in the world's cities can help?

Rob

Thanks Rob. I did find a Park just beyond the end of the red metro line in SW Moscow that had some feeders and some tit interest. No Azure unfortunately, but I may give it another go there. I wasn't sure how "within range" I am here.

A very old thread - but foreign birders keep asking this question.
The most reliable site for Azure Tits is Lotoshino fish farm (120 km northwest from Moscow)
You need to find a local birder familiar with the site to show you around.
Besides - a good place for waterfowl and waders in passage

Alexey

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back