• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Babies in the backyard. (1 Viewer)

Swampy Sam

I live in the semi suburbs, and my backyard has been a 6 year project to make and attract as may bird's as possible. A few bird feeders two bird baths. Lots of trees and flowering plants. I do most of my birding from my backyard. Most of the work I do in my garden is for the birds. The biggest pay off for me though is when I see them bringing babies to my feeders. Does anyone else have a payoff that keeps them going in this gardening sport?

Me 2. I live in a small woodland surrounded by cornfields typically though they rotate with Soya beans.. There’s 1000ft ridges to the North and South of me so migrating birds use my woodland as a stopover. I found that running water is the key to attracting birds as the number of species in the yard increased drastically when I created a small waterfall and stream. I keep it going all winter even in temperatures well below freezing. I plant mainly native flowers with an emphasis on Milkweeds for the Monarchs but there’s plenty of others for nectaring butterflies. The last few years I’ve planted Mexican Sunflowers in a sunlit area and these are phenomenal for attracting butterflies. They just keep on flowering all summer and fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back